Friday, January 14, 2011

Negative

I am a visual designer and most of my layouts has much of negative space. The moment I realized this I started thinking, what is negative space and why its called negative. Then I related it to Shiva Linga which has a positive and negative form (in terms of physics). I was amazed on the thought, I always believe in reasoning if someone has given positive and negative name to it then he would have his reason. Understanding the symbol of Yin Yang which talks about the same positive and negative is also relate to male and female.

I perceive it as just the same of Physics funda, meaning male is positive and woman negative because of their form and not nature definitely. We have learned in Physics called male and female joint, one has positive form and other has negative for making it a complete system.

Our railway track has these male female side, one can notice it while walking with track, the letter M and F marked on either sides. If the same way our other journey has to be happy and balanced then it better has the both sides. One could relate it to male female approach or could relate it to positive and negative side too!

Now how I perceive is positive is not just an addition and negative a subtraction but possibly much more or could be a different story. To get a clearer and challenging picture I tried to think in terms of business. For example if I invest somewhere or I do charity it doesn't count on loss account or rather it should turn it into profit account later. Investment will give returns, charity will give people's support and no business can have success without people.

Black and White are not dark and light but two different paddles of same bicycle. One supporting the other from other side. For example if Ram is considered to be white and Ravan to be black then why Sita was untouched while with Ravan and still Ram (the white) asked for Agni Pariksha and even after that he left her. Because Ramayana is not about bad and good but about balance.

So I will conclude positive and negative is not about good or bad, profit or loss but being complete or being a system.

No comments:

Post a Comment